Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Snowflakes really are unique...

For those of you who grew up around snow and ice, I'm sure the snow is nothing special. But I witnessed my first real snow fall a few weeks ago and I have to say, I'm amazed by nature. I was standing at the bus stop and watched as the snowflakes landed on my black jacket and in my hair. I was in awe of the unique patterns of the snowflakes. No, I'm not stupid. I too learned in school that each snowflake is unique. However, snow was so removed from my existence until I moved to Chicago. For me, winter used to equal 60 degree weather and the doning of my favorite yellow hoodie. Now my reality consists of making sure I don't slip on ice and owning a Down jacket.

So I decided to start this blog because I wanted to chronicle my new experiences here in Chicago. Yes, I did move here somewhat recently from the Sunshine State. People are almost always shocked when they here I made the trek up to the Midwest, but I have to say, it's been the best decision I could have ever made at this point in my life. So, welcome to my blog! My hope is to provide you with something interesting to waste your time on while at work/school, but that would be a lofty ambition, wouldn't it? :)

No comments: