Thursday, May 18, 2006

A new addiction...

I tend to go through phases where I fixate on certain things for a 2 weeks period, get sick of it, and move on. A lot of time it has to do with food--like I'll eat the same kind of soup 3-4 times a week for a 2 week period. Or I'll want to read a certain website every day and one day, I'll just stop.

My newest addiction is fantasy baseball. I had no idea what I would think about it when my friend Paul invited me to be part of his league. Some friends (namely the girls) either (1) couldn't get why I would want to do this or (2) said I would tire of it quickly. I have been playing for about a month and a half now and I love it. I *finally* learned about all those darn stats. Also this is something my boyfriend could teach me about. I've actually made some smart picks --like picking up Pitcher Mike Mussina of the Yankees and Jeff Francouer and Marcus Giles of the Braves. I have made some stupid moves--namely dropping Hottie Scotty Pods. Now he is on fire! I never did understand the draw of fantasy sports, but I have to admit it is pretty entertaining :)

No comments: