Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Snacks

We're having friends over for Superbowl. Like good hosts, we will have plenty of food and drink available. We're serving the following...

- Chicago Style Hot Dogs (please, no ketchup)
- Filipino Eggrolls (Lumpia) with Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping
- Ranch & Bacon Pasta Salad
- Egg Salad Sandwiches - originally was going to be Deviled Eggs but when I peeled the eggs, I messed up a couple of them :(
- Fried Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese dressing, celery and carrots
- Honey Dijon Kettle Chips
- Yellow Cake cupcakes with chocolate frosting
- Beer. More beer.

We always have too much food when people come over but I'd rather that then to run out.

They were talking about Super Bowl Parties this week on Good Morning America. They said that the average American consumes 1,200 calories during Super Bowl. Yah I can safely say we are hitting that but hey, this is the one time of year where I can serve so many bad food together.

Also can you believe the NFL was not allowing the church to throw a Super Bowl Party? Seriously like the NFL doesn't already make enough money. I know they are worried about viewership going down with the rise in Super Bowl Parties, but isn't this only if Nielsen families aren't watching the game?

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

3 comments:

Single Girl said...

Hey Southern Gal!

Thanks for the encouragement with the LDR. Another friend of mine who was in a LDR told me to have the who would move, etc. conversation sooner rather than later as there is no point in continuing the relationship if no one will move. Do you agree? Any other tips on keeping this LDR as amazing as it is right now? The openness, honesty and communication has been incredible so far and I'm pretty sure it's going to stay that way!

Cute Jewess said...

Hey and thanks for stopping by! Of course now that I've peeped 2 of my favorite things--honey dijon kettle chips and yellow cupcakes with choco frosting--I am sooooo hungry!

Irene said...

Lumpia....YUM! ;p