Thursday, March 09, 2006

Possible CTA strike

My friend Kim lives in NYC. She was there when the MTA went on strike. She said it would take upwards of 2 hours to get to work in the morning. She lives up by 91st near Harlem and she works in Midtown, around 51st st. She said she would take a cab in the AM and walk home in the PM.

I thought to myself, "Thank goodness that hasn't happened in Chicago"...

Well I spoke too soon evidentally.

The CTA bus drivers' union is meeting with the City gov. on Friday to determine if they can work out some deal. If not, the bus drivers are striking. Of course we still have the eL but it doesn't go everywhere you need it to. I take the bus to work everyday. I live about 4.5 miles from work. Luckily the eL is an option for me, but how about for those people who don't live near the eL?

Damn I miss my car :(

2 comments:

That Girl said...

Well for your sake let's hope that they don't go on strike! Right now I am thankful that I haven't finished my move up there. Although I have been contemplating selling my car. Maybe I should keep the car?? Do you find that it is good to have a car there?

GatorGirlintheCity said...

You don't need your car here, but there are certain neighborhoods where (1) you can park on the street with just a permit; or (2) having a car is just more convinient. Luckily, no strike though!!