Saturday, April 29, 2006

Evanston in the rain...



I spent part of my day in Evanston (Home of Northwestern University) with one of my girlfriends today. Aside from the drizzle of rain, it was quite a lovely and relaxing way to spend a Saturday. Even the drive to Evanston is nice...winding about on Lake Shore Drive onto Sheridan...through Rogers Park into Evanston. The main reason we went was to eat at the Dixie Kitchen. When I miss home, I tend to indulge in the culinary treats of the South. I had Seafood Cakes with Cheese Grits and Greens. YUM! Then we wandered around to the different shops...namely Bookman's Alley. Bookman's Alley is a lovely used bookstore and a highly recommend it to any "libraphile" (if there is such a word). We ended up at Ethel's Chocolate Lounge, sipping hot chocolate and catching up on anything and everything. Yes...quite a lovely day :)

No comments: