Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Happy One Year Anniversary!

It is my one year anniversary of moving to Chicago. Wahoo!

A year in review...

- Met lots of great new friends
- Went to many pub crawls
- Rode almost every line of the eL (except the Yellow line) and too many bus lines to name
- Found my escape place (Evanston)
- Survived a Chicago winter (it was mild this year though)
- Went to lots of Cubs games
- Ate an Italian Beef sandwich and a Chicago style hotdog
- Survived the heat of the Taste of Chicago and the gluttany of the Southside Irish parade
- Memorized the city street layout
- Gave someone directions on the street
- Volunteered at the Chicago Children's Museum (ongoing)
- Found a favorite bar(s)

All in all, a pretty good year. but fate would have it that my time here could be limited. What am I --a nomad??

1 comment:

That Girl said...

Sounds like you had an exciting year!! I will begin my first year there in two weeks!!! Scary but exciting...let's just hope i find a job!