Sunday, January 04, 2009

Holiday Wrap-Up

The unseasonably warm Florida Holiday made it slightly difficult to be in the spirit. However I had a wonderful holiday season! The hubby and I are lucky as both our parents live locally, so we do not have to travel to be with them. Christmas eve was spent at my parents' home--my childhood home! We plus my sister gave my dad a Harmony remote, so bye bye all 6 of his other remotes! I finally gave my mom our wedding pictures in an album and she was very pleased. Christmas morning was spent at home with a tasty breakfast of eggs and buttermilk pancakes. Christmas dinner was spent at my in-laws. Busy times. I lucked out and had 12/26 off also so I had a nice 4 day weekend.

So I must have been a very good girl this year as I received some amazing presents! My two favorites came from my husband. First off, I got the Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer! It's in the Classic White and now I can make more recipes out of my new cookbook "Barefoot Contessa, Back to Basics!". Inside the mixing bowl was my second present--tickets for Hubby and I to go to Chicago for our 1 year anniversary! I can't wait!!

New Year's Eve was spent with our good friends--eating good food, drinking bubbly and playing Rock Band. It was our first time playing but our friends are well versed for sure! It was too much fun.

So the decorations are down, resolutions have been made and it's Playoff time for football! Here is to a great 2009!!

Oh and my resolution? To be a better friend and be better about keeping in touch and reconnecting with friends of the past!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations on the mixer -- it is our favorite appliance! (How weird does that sound?!)

Glad you enjoyed a fun New Year's Eve; we hope your 2009 is just divine Miss Southern Girl!
tp

Andie said...

you need to get the pasta roller attachment for your kitchenaid. That thing rocks. you can roll your own pasta and then nest it and freeze it and it cooks in like 2 minutes!