Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Big Fat Greek Meal

I've ridden the Halsted bus through Greektown numerous times, but I never had the opportunity to eat there. Luckily my cousins and my cousin's boyfriend from Dallas were in town and they wanted to try some Greek eats. I've heard great things about Pegasus and luckily they were open to my suggestion. I couldn't decide on an entree so I opted 2 small appetizers so I could taste both. I ordered Tiropitakia, which are baked filo dough stuffed with feta cheese and Dolmathakia Yialatzi, which are stuffed grape leaves with rice and herbs, with yogurt sauce on the side. Both dishes were quite tasty and I didn't feel too full afterwards.

Greektown was a cute area to dine in and I saw plenty of other establishments worth checking out. There is a Taste of Greece festival this weekend that should provide a fun introduction to the neighborhood if you have never been.




No comments: