Saturday, August 30, 2008

Loving my Library

I know I have said this before, but I love my library. The staff is very friendly and the library itself is kept up well. I came home with a bunch of books that I can't wait to read. Here is what I got:



Jeffrey Steingarten is my favorite judge on Iron Chef America. I've never read his work before though so I am looking forward to reading this book.



I stumbled upon this book while on my way to check out. I haven't heard much about it however the story sounds compelling. I love memoirs, biographies etc.



I feel I have been on a 1960's kick--with watching Mad Med, Doris Day movies (okay that is more 50's but stay with me here), Across the Universe. This looked like an interesting read and I like the female perspective.



I'm no fine dining expert by any means, but I've enjoyed my fair share of dining at some pretty fancy schmancy places. Was it always the best meal I had ever had? Not in the least, but the experience is something I enjoy from time to time.




Elie Krieger is one of my faves on Food Network. I like that she educated you on the nutritional aspect of the food she prepares--like what vitamins are present etc. Plus her baked onion rings recipe (with some slight modifications from me) is my favorite non junky junk food.

I'm deciding what to read first. I'll probably start with the Starbucks story! Have any of you read these books before?

5 comments:

Blondie said...

I have Ellie Krieger's book. Now, if I could just find the time to peruse the recipes....

The Chicago Blogger said...

I love Ellie! I have her other book, "Small Changes, Big Results". I need to get that one you posted!

I just bought a new cookbook, "Easy Breakfast & Brunch". It was on sale at The Chopping Block, and since I'm a total breakfast-y kind of chef these days, I couldn't resist.

Now I want onion rings. :)

Lesli said...

I heard about that Starbucks Saved My Life book too--it sounds really interesting. I may need to check it out!

The Working Girl said...

Hey Neighbor!

I'm going to the green market tomorrow - let me know if you want to go. Are you on facebook? If so, message me.

If not tomorrow, then we should get together sometime. I've been doing some volunteer stuff for Obama and you should join in!

amycaseycooks said...

I am going to see if my library has any of these books. I am always on the lookout for a new read.